Happy Tuesday everyone!
I hope you all enjoyed the Bank Holiday weekend if you’re in the UK!
I can’t remember the last time I actually wrote a Top Ten Tuesday. If you don’t already know, TTT is a weekly, list-themed book prompt hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. The theme for this week is ‘Book Characters That Remind Me of Myself’. I’m not feeling particularly reflective this week so I thought I would take this opportunity to go back to last week’s topic ‘Inspirational/Thought-Provoking Book Quotes’ as I missed it and I adore quotes! As there are so many wonderful ones out there in the world, I decided to narrow down my search by thinking of my ultimate go-to authors and choosing my favourite quotes from them. Whilst they may not all be philosophical in the inspirational/thought-provoking category, I feel they’re still pretty special. There’s also a couple of random ones about libraries because what bookworm doesn’t love a good library…?
(Disclaimer: Pictures are not mine; I’ve tried to include sources where possible.)
- “Books are mirrors: you only see in them what you already have inside you.”
― Carlos Ruiz Zafón, The Shadow of the Wind (picture: quotefancy)
- “I lived in books more than I lived anywhere else.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Ocean at the End of the Lane (picture: Risa Rodil)
- “So many books, so little time.”
― Frank Zappa (Picture: Risa Rodil)
- “All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.”
― R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring (Picture: Tee Public)
- “Every book has a soul, the soul of the person who wrote it and the soul of those who read it and dream about it.”
― Carlos Ruiz Zafón, The Angel’s Game(Picture: Picture Quotes)
- “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
― R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring (Picture: Pinterest)
- “A Library is a hospital for the mind.”
– Anonymous (Picture: Pinterest)
- “Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
― K.Rowling, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Picture: TeePublic)
- “To the stars who listen— and the dreams that are answered.”
― Sarah J. Maas, A Court of Mist and Fury Picture:https://rayyyofsunshinee.tumblr.com/post/159736257128/i-wanted-an-acotar-themed-background-for-my-phone
- “We may sit in a library and yet be in all quarters of the Earth.”
– John Lubbock (Picture: librarysubscriptions.com from Pinterest)
What quotes do you find particularly inspirational / thought-provoking? Do you have any favourites? As always, drop me a comment to chat!